Quantcast

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

April Reads: Debut Novels Abound!

A fresh, clean slate begins April reading--which I've started at the end of March.  After March's lackluster struggle to read, I'm pumped for April.  I start thinking about the next month's reads a few weeks in advance, and by the time I write my post, usually my choices have changed.  That was the case here.  I've got three titles that are debuts for the authors.  One, Louise Penny's Still Life, is her debut mystery novel in the Armand Ganache series.  Published in 2005, it's been around awhile, but it's new to me.  I've had so many people tell me to read this series, that I'm finally starting.  Just goes to show that any read is a new read if you haven't read it before.  I've got an ambitious list, but I honestly don't think I can wait any longer to read a few of these titles:


Reading for a book group where we have to read the debut novel of an author.  Gives me the excuse to finally read Louise Penny.



Another book group read.  I started it a long time ago, put it down, and didn't pick it back up.  This time, I'll finish it, and come at it with a fresh attitude. 


 This book has been so highly anticipated by so many people!  YA fantasy--a debut novel by Tomi Adeyemi.  Something completely different this month. 



Followers of my blog know I love Simone St. James.  This is her latest-in hardcover.  I bought it.  I expect to love this. Fingers crossed!




Short stories--and yes, Michael Andreasen's debut.  I've started this, and am captivated by his imagination.  I need to read more short story collections.  Publisher review.


I've always admired Maria Shriver.  A chance to review this for the publisher had me saying "yes".  A book about life and living it with an open heart and optimism.  I absolutely adore the cover.  

So I'm all over the place with my reads this month.  That's what makes it fun.  I may toss in a light novel to break up the month.  Spring has me wanting to read lighter novels to honor the time change and to celebrate (or mourn?) my release from self-induced hibernation.  Making plans to set up my front porch and back deck for optimal reading experiences as soon as warmer weather hits.  

Happy April!  What books are you reading this month?

No comments :

Post a Comment